Location: Northeastern Regional Information Center – 900 Watervliet Shaker Road
Reports to the Assistant Superintendent of the NERIC. The work involves serving as a key member of the NERIC Executive Leadership Team which oversees all instructional and administrative technology services, including the provision of quality instructional, technical, educational programs and services in response to the needs of school districts, BOCES and municipalities, and the school-aged children and adult students served. Work is conducted in a “Team Leadership” environment with general supervision of the Assistant Superintendent of the NERIC along with input from the Deputy Directors–NERIC, Chief Technology Officer–CRB, and other team members as assigned.
1. As a part of the NERIC Executive Leadership Team, meets regularly with all NERIC Program Managers in order to provide general supervision, evaluation, and guidance on the day to day operations of the RIC.
2. Serves as the Data Protection Officer for the Capital Region BOCES.
3. Directly supervises data security and privacy staff.
4. Researches and directs the development of professional learning for districts and BOCES leaders and staff related to technology and data privacy and security.
5. Assists with the activities of the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer.
6. Provides support to districts, BOCES and municipalities related to policies and procedures regarding information technology and compliance with information and data security laws, regulations and best practices.
7. Supports and manages vendor partner relationships.
8. Supports the Assistant Superintendent in statewide and local government collaborative work with other RICs and the New York State Department of Education.
9. Directs the assessment of risks for districts and BOCES related to information technology and coordinates the development of plans for mitigation.
10. Assesses needs, proposes, and directs the development of new programs and services to meet the emerging needs of districts, BOCES and municipalities.
11. Coordinates activities with designated staff from multiple BOCES on a continuous basis.
12. Assists in the development and administration of an annual budget for the division in conjunction with the Director of Finance, Assistant Superintendent of NERIC, Deputy Directors, and Program managers and staff to ensure student and district needs are being met.
13. Participates in relevant national, state, and regional associations.
14. Provides input and may participate in the BOCES negotiations process.
15. Performs other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of NERIC.
16. Acts as an advisor to BOCES in the event of a data breach or security breach.
17. Thorough knowledge of risk assessment and mitigation.
18. Thorough knowledge of systems analysis.
19. Thorough knowledge of applicable education laws and regulations.
20. Thorough knowledge of integration of technology in the educational and professional learning settings.
21. Good knowledge of Curriculum and Instructional Support principles and methods.
22. Good knowledge of educational budgeting methods and procedures.
23. Good knowledge of educational and technology issues and trends.
24. Ability to develop and to effectively deliver presentations to a variety of audiences including district and BOCES leaders, teachers, staff, and local governments or municipalities.
25. Ability to supervise certificated and non-certificated staff personnel.
26. Ability to develop and administer a budget.
27. Ability to establish and maintain good relations with representative of various groups such as school district, BOCES leaders, local governments, municipalities, state agencies, area educators, and the general public.
28. Ability to write in a clear, concise, and creative manner.
29. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.