Location: Career & Technical Education - Adult Education Campus TBD
To teach adult learners (17 years and older) the proper practices, procedures and skills to operate a forklift that will lead to entry level employment opportunities.
1. To deliver both formal (handouts/lectures) and practical (demonstration and time-on forklift) lessons on how to safely operate a forklift.
2. To teach proper forklift techniques that include measurement, loading, unloading, safety, travel and maneuvering, etc.
3. To evaluate learners performance on and off equipment.
4. To develop in each adult learner an awareness and understanding coupled with the skills and knowledge in the industry.
5. To be responsible for developing and evaluating course plans.
6. To strive to instill in each adult learner safe work habits, the importance of continuation of his/her education and assets of reliability, competence, loyalty and dependability.
Start Date: September 8, 2020 (anticipated start date)
Starting Salary: $39.30 per hour for @ 8 hour course offered 4-5 times per year