Location: Educational Support Services – 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
The work involves responsibility for assisting it the management of the BOCES Educational Support Services Division’s programs and services, including the provision of quality clinical and educational programs and services in response to the needs of school districts and the school-aged children. Work is conducted in a “Team Leadership” environment under general supervision of the Director of Educational Support Services. Performs other work as required.
1. Assists the Director of Educational Support Services by working collaboratively to provide leadership for strategic planning and helping with the development and implementation of high quality and comprehensive educational support services programs.
2. Assists with providing direct supervision and evaluation for educational support service programs and staff as assigned by the Director of Educational Support Services.
3. Assists with oversight of the divisional process of personnel administration which includes recruitment, employment, supervision, evaluation, and staff development in accordance with applicable BOCES policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources (BOCES) and the human resources staff.
4. Works with the Director of Educational Support Services to ensure the development and implementation of an ongoing process for assessing districts service needs and student achievement in accordance with all applicable laws, organizational rules, policies, and regulations.
5. Works with the Director of Educational Support Services to ensure that an ongoing process for program evaluation, which is related to annual BOCES goals, is in place.
6. Assists with supporting the District Superintendent and Deputy District Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction with the management of all statewide grants that involve curriculum.
7. Participates in relevant national, state, and regional associations.
8. Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Educational Support Services.
9. Thorough knowledge of educational support principles and methods.
10. Thorough knowledge of applicable education laws and regulations.
11. Good knowledge of educational budgeting methods and procedures.
12. Good knowledge of educational issues and trends.
13. Ability to supervise staff.
14. Ability to establish and maintain good relations with representatives of various groups such as school district leaders, state agencies, area educators and the general public.
15. Ability to write in a clear, concise and creative manner.
16. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.