Location: Career & Technical Education - Albany Campus (Mon-Fri @ 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM)
Performs routine clerical work in meeting and directing clients. Work procedures and routines are well defined with detailed instructions for any new or revised procedures. Work is performed under direct supervision until the employee is able to work independently on the normal office routines. Work is inspected upon completion or by another step in the clerical process. Does related work as required.
1. Acts as a receptionist, answers telephone and personal inquiries, routes visitors and calls, secures and gives out routine information relating to office operations and activities.
2. Registers each client on the computer as they appear.
3. Depending on the requirements of the department, may issue bills to clients.
4. Depending on the requirements of the department, may arrange for employees to secure county cars for use.
5. Collects fees from the clients and issues receipts, as necessary.
6. Provides clerical assistance, as needed.
7. Enters data into the computer on clients and on services rendered.
8. Depending on the requirements of the department, may verify Medicaid eligibility of clients requesting services.
9. Enters statistical data on manual or computerized forms.
10. Sorts and files correspondence, checks, vouchers, index cards or other materials in accordance with office procedures.
11. Makes simple arithmetic calculations, computes data from requisitions, statistical reports, time reports or other records.
12. Occasionally operates office equipment to copy or duplicate information, switchboard, cameras and other office equipment.
13. Orders office supplies, delivers messages.
14. Working knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment.
15. Working knowledge of Business English and arithmetic.
16. Ability to operate a computer terminal to enter and retrieve data.
17. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
18. Ability to get along well with others.
19. Ability to write legibly.
20. Physical condition commensurate with the demand of the position.