Location: Special Education - Schenectady Central School District
Temporary Position: Anticipated Dates (01/15/2024 - 06/26/2024)
This is a professional position involving responsibility for evaluating, planning and providing occupational therapy treatment to residents in accordance with written prescription or referral from a physician who provides medical direction. The work is performed under the general direction of the Director. The Occupational Therapist assumes the responsibility of the Director in her absence. Does related work as required.
1. Performs occupational therapy procedures upon the written prescription or referral from a physician, utilizing a creative activity which may be manual, industrial, recreational or educational designed and/or adapted to correct or remedy any disability.
2. Evaluates the degree of function and disability of patients unless contra-indicated by professional judgment or a physician’s admission notes.
3. Develops a treatment plan based upon his findings, short and long term rehabilitation goals and in accordance with the physician’s diagnosis, prescription or referral.
4. Record on residents’ charts all evaluations, re-evaluations, progress notes, consultations and discharge summaries.
5. Fabricates and applies hand splints, trains patients in the use of adaptive assistive devices and/or self-held techniques to achieve maximum independence.
6. Participates with other facility personnel in the formulation of residents’ total care plans.
7. Confers periodically with physicians regarding all facets of patient care and related activities.