Position: Food Service Helper Substitutes
Location: Management Services - Shared Food Service Program (various school districts)
Schedule: M-F (days and hours will vary depending on location and need)
Assists in the preparation and service of food and in the cleaning of kitchen equipment. This is routine manual work performed under immediate supervision in connection with the preparation and service of food. On occasion Food Service Helpers may perform cooking duties involving lesser degrees of skill than regularly required of employees in the classification of Cook. Does related work as required.
1. Sets tables and cleans them after meals.
2. Fills sugar bowls and salt and pepper shakers.
3. Works on the tray lines serving designated portions per menus.
4. Fills food carts and delivers foods to designated areas.
5. Polishes silverware, tables and chairs.
6. Cleans dining rooms and dish and linen closets.
7. Cleans, washes and otherwise prepares vegetables and fruit for cooking.
8. Assists in the preparation of salads and desserts.
9. Helps cooks in any phases of their duties.
10. Washes dishes, pots and pans by hand or machine.
11. Sweeps, mops and cleans kitchen.
12. May act as cashier.
13. Working knowledge of the proper methods of serving food and of the care of tableware, glassware, silver, and kitchen appliances.
14. Ability to follow oral and written directions.
15. Good physical condition.